Community First Bank
At Community First, we only have two goals. To help you meet your financial goals and to be a valued member of the communities we serve. Learn more about our history and how we strive to be your neighborhood bankers in the Carolinas and Tennessee.
A commitment to service
At Community First Bank, we understand that every customer who walks through our doors is more than just an account holder. They’re a friend. A neighbor. A teacher. A firefighter. A local businessperson. They’re a member of the community we work so hard to serve.
Community First Bank is dedicated to being a productive member of every community where we do business. And we achieve that by doing whatever it takes to help each and every customer reach their financial goals.
3 decades of banking in the Carolinas
A brief history of Community First Bank.
- Community First Bank opened for business in March of 1990 with a commitment to provide outstanding customer service in the South Carolina Upstate. Our first banking offices were in Oconee County, and we expanded into neighboring Anderson County in 1999.
- May of 2019 recorded our entry into the Greenville, South Carolina market, followed by our 2020 expansion into North Carolina despite the pandemic! Our ninth full-service financial center opened in Dallas, North Carolina in February 2020, and our tenth location opened in Charlotte in April 2020.
- We expanded our footprint yet again in March of 2021, merging Security Federal Bank into Community First Bank, and adding two additional branches in Elizabethton, Tennessee.
- Community First Bank maintains eight full-service financial centers in South Carolina, two in North Carolina, and two in Tennessee. A Loan Production Office (LPO) is located in Waynesville, North Carolina.
- We strive to be responsive and flexible in meeting our customer’s banking needs and to be a strong and effective corporate citizen in every community we serve. We Know What Matters is our motto, and we try to prove that every day.
Thank you for choosing Community First Bank! We look forward to serving you soon.
Hours of Operation
- Monday – Thursday: 9 AM – 5 PM
- Friday: 9 AM – 6 PM
- Saturday – Sunday – CLOSED
632 E Elk Ave
Elizabethton, TN 37643
Phone: (423) 543-1000